I am the soil.
我是土地。
I am in the hills, and in the valleys, the farms, the orchards.
我存在于高山上,山谷中,农场里,果园间。
Without me humans could not exist. But you treatme like dirt.
没有我,人类无法生存。但你们却把我看得一文不值。
Do you realize that I am just a thin skin on this planet?
你们意识到了吗,我只是这个地球薄薄的一层皮肤?
And that I'm actually alive.
我也是有生命的。
Full of organisms that grow your food.
充满了让你们的食物得以生长的有机物。
But I am broken, aching, overused, sick.
但是我被你们破坏、伤害、过度开发、损害。
Because of you. You have withered me away to less than half of what I used to
be just over100 years ago.
就是因为你们。你们让我萎缩,现在我只剩下不及100年前一半的厚度。
Are you paying attention? I am turning to dust.
你们注意到了吗?我正在逐渐化为一片荒漠。
So maybe you could treat me with a little more respect.
所以也许你们能对我多一些尊重。
I suppose you still want to eat, right?
我想你们不想饿肚子,对吧?
|