走自己的路
尼尔·西蒙陈采霞译
Don't listen to those who say,
别听那些人的话,
“It's not done that way.”
“这事不能那么做。”
Maybe its not, but maybe you will.
也许是不能那么做,可是也许你就会那么做。
Don't listen to those who say,
别听那些人的话,
“You're taking too big a chance.”
“你这个险冒得太大了。”
Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine Floor,
米开朗琪罗可能在西斯廷教堂的地板上作过画,
and it would surely be rubbed out by today.
到今天肯定已经被抹掉了。
Most importantly, don?t listen
最重要的是,
When the little voice of fear inside of you
当你心中恐惧的声音,
rear its ugly head and says,
抬起它丑陋的头说,
“They're all smarter than you out there.
“那边那些人都比你聪明,
They're more talented,
他们更有才华,
They're taller, blonder, prettier, luckier and have connections...”
他们更高大、皮肤更白、更漂亮、更幸运,并且认识各种各样的人…”你可千万别理会。
I firmly believe that if you follow a path that interests you,
我坚信只要选择一条你感兴趣的路,
Not to the exclusion of love, sensitivity, and cooperation withothers,
不排除爱情、敏锐以及与别人的合作,
But with the strength of conviction
而是坚定地认为,
That you can move others by your own efforts,
通过你自身的努力能够感动他人,
And do not make success or failure the criteria by which you live,
不把成功或者失败作为你生活的标准,
The chances are you'll be a person worthy of your own respect.
那么你就可能成为值得自己敬佩的人。
|