在一次演出归来的途中,年轻的布鲁斯吉他大师Stevie Ray Vaughan和Clapton的演出伙伴Colin Smythe 和Nigel Browne 在直升机事故中丧生,克莱普顿坐在后面的飞机上亲眼目睹了这一惨痛的场面。他们都是克莱普顿最亲近的朋友。
雪上加霜的是几个月后,他的幼子Conor从曼哈顿53层楼的窗口意外坠下身亡。他不是英国吉他摇滚巨星、6项格莱美获奖歌手,他只是一位平凡的父亲,一个因为失去孩子而频频苛责自己的可怜父亲。
真正的大喜或大悲之后反而是平静,没有伤过的人永远不会懂……他说不会再演奏这首歌曲了,因为他已经从失去儿子的阴霾中走了出来,没有足够的感情去演奏它。
Would you know my name if I saw you in heaven?
如果我在天堂和你见面,你还会记得我的名字吗?
would it be the same if I saw you in heaven?
如果我在天堂与你重逢,我们还能像从前一样吗?
I must be strong, and carry on
我必须学会坚强,勇敢支持下去
'Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven
因为我知道我还不属于天堂
Would you hold my hand if I saw you in heaven?
如果我在天堂和你相遇,你愿意握住我的手吗?
Would you help me stand if I saw you in heaven?
如果我在天堂与你再见,你愿意搀扶我起来吗?
I'll find my way, through night and day
再给我一些日子,我会找到我的方向
'Cause I know I just can't stay here in heaven
因为我知道我还不属于天堂
Time can bring you down; time can bend your knee
时间能让你倒下,时间能让你屈膝
Time can break your heart., have you begging please, begging please
时间能伤了你的心 你只要祈祷 , 请你衷心地祈祷
Beyond the door there's peace I'm sure.
在那扇门后,我相信是块和平的乐土
And I know they'll be no more tears in heaven
于是我知道,我将不再泪洒天堂!
Would you know my name
你还记得我的名字吗
If I saw you in heaven
如果我在天堂遇见你
Would it be the same
你我还能像从前一样吗
If I saw you in heaven
如果我在天堂遇见你
I must be strong and carry on
我必须坚强、坚持下去
Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven
因为我知道我并不属于天堂
Would you hold my hand
你会握我的手吗
If I saw you in heaven
如果我在天堂遇见你
Would you help me stand
你会扶我一把吗
If I saw you in heaven
如果我在天堂遇见你
I'll find my way through night and day
我会找到度日的方式
Cause I know I just can't stay here in heaven
因为我知道我不能留在天堂
Time can bring you down
时间使人消沉
Time can bend your knees
时间使人屈服
Time can break your heart
时间使人伤心
Have you begging please
你是否向它求饶
Begging please
求饶
Beyond the door
在那道门后
There's peace I'm sure
必定是一片祥和
And I know there'll be no more
而我知道将不再有人。
|